The auto world is being used to the constant competition between BMW and Audi and while many auto enthusiasts enjoy having a petrol car engine, the auto manufacturers from Audi and BMW thought that it will be nice to mix things up and that’s why they started to emphasize the diesel engines.
Today’s car contest features two 4 door german auto sedans from Audi and BMW, The Audi A6 TDI and BMW 535D; Which one of these white poneys will win the showdown?
These new fuel efficient models really try to stomp that pesky fuel consumption from big engines and with their new good looks and exquisite car interiors, these sedans are a viable buying option for those who want fuel economy, an aggressive look, a pretty decent amount of horsepower under the bonnet and an exhilarating top speed but first, let’s take a look at the car specs which were tinkered with great car care on these two barons:
2014 Audi A6 TDI car specs:
- 3.0 litre turbo diesel car engine (v6 engine)
- 240 horsepower
- 428 lb-ft of torque
- fuel consumption: 24 mpg in the city while 38 mpg on the highway
- regarding to the Audi A6 TDI’s top speed: 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds and 155 mph speed
- base price tag or acquisition cost for an Audi A6 TDI starts at $57.500
- the car interior is excessively well equipped with lovely trims on the dashboard and on the center console. The pop up navigation display is awesome and reminds you of the old Audi A8; It even has a night vision system and a control touch pad along with a Bang & Olufsen sound system!
2014 BMW 535D car specs:
- 3.0 litre turbocharged diesel v6 engine
- 255 horsepower
- 413 lb-ft of torque
- fuel consumption: 26 mpg in the city while 37 mpg on the highway
- BMW 535D’s top speed: 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds and 147 mph speed
- base price for the BMW 535D, rear wheel drive one, starts at $57.500
- the BMW’s interior is luxurious as hell, with its mocha nappa leather and headrests that allow you to craddle your head and heated back seats
These are two refined german autos built with great care of cars and if you can go past the nasty engine sound of a diesel, then everything will be just fine if you choose one of them (according to these guys, the BMW seems the better car though!)